"May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (NIV)



Friday, June 4, 2010

The Lover of Your Soul is Calling...Arise!

"Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You.  Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul."  Psalm 143:8 (NIV)

God is calling you.  He wants you to get up before the day becomes hectic and full of activity, before you get distracted with all that the day has in store.  He desires for you to come to Him first.  He longs for you.  He watches for you to wake.  Sometimes He even wakes you up because He is so excited to begin the day with you. 

Ponder the thought that He...the God of the universe, the Creator of all life, the Savior of the world...is the Lover of your soul.  He loves you unfailingly, deeply.  He calls to you today, "Rise up, my darling!  Come away with me, my fair one!  Look, the winter is past and the rains are over and gone.  The flowers are springing up, the season of singing birds has come, and the cooing of the turtledoves fills the air.  The fig trees are forming young fruit, and the fragrant grapevines are blossoming.  Rise up, my darling!  Come away with me, my fair one!" Song of Songs 2:10-13 (NLT)

He has love to lavish upon you today.  Will you allow Him?

Lord, awaken us to Your love, to Your joy, to Your peace and  Your guidance for our day.  Cause our hearts to long for You the way that You long for us.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being obedient and for allowing God to use you to touch so many lives. I am looking forward to this each and every day. What JOY for the Journey. Love you forever!!

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete