"May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (NIV)



Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Poem...A Prayer

Good morning.  How are You today, Lord?
I'm pretty tired, it seems.
Could you be in charge today, Lord?
I'm too tired to pull all those strings.
What's that?  Did I hear You chuckle?
Are You shaking Your head at Me?
Saying, "My dear child, have you forgotten?
That yoke is no burden to me.
Dear child, since the beginning
I managed to do pretty awesome things
And somehow I don't recall
Ever seeing you pulling the strings.
Oh, forgive me dear Lord for the many times
That I'm so quick to forget
That You are the source that sustains me
And You haven't failed anyone yet.
Thank You for being the One in control
Of all that I face each day.
I pray that You'll help me to yield to You
All power - and that I'll just obey.

Author Kristi Butler

1 comment:

  1. Love the Poem----Prayer. Hope you are having a wonderful time together as family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete